Saturday 8 August 2009

Information strategy etc.

Saturday morning and it is glorious, makes a change this summer. The grass is somping so I can't mow it but I will spend some time in the garden tidying up and relaxing after a busy week. Could watch England v Australia day 2 but I think that may be more frustrating than relaxing.

In library world, we spent the end of the week working on our Information Strategy to improve the current service and develop it. The agenda that it sets for the next 12 months + is huge and from my point of view will be the first real test of the new structure. I need to get into a position where I can get ahead of the team and spend more time directing so I can get the best out of them. At the moment I feel like I'm spending too much time dealing with the present rather than moving the service forward. But as we keep saying it's "early days"

No comments:

Post a Comment